1. Wake up refreshed. Get to bed at a decent hour the night before so you can be your best. For this reason it’s wise to plan bachelor and bachelorette parties at least a week ahead of time.
2. Give yourself plenty of time to get ready.
You want to be able to relax and have a good time with your bridesmaids, not stress over whether you’ll finish in time.
3. When choosing your perfect dress, make sure you can sit down, lift your arms and can dance in it, there’s nothing worse than feeling restricted and uncomfortable on your wedding day.
4. If you bought new shoes for the big day, be sure to break them in ahead of time.
Otherwise you’re liable to feel awkward in them and have sore feet. For critical situations pack also some sophisticated ballet-style slippers, they will look great with a wedding dress, so bring a pair to put on when you want to cut loose.
5. Don’t overdo the perfume. Heavy perfume can make you feel nauseous.
6. But other than that, put your phone away.
Nothing is happening that’s more important than your wedding,
7. Make a five-minute dinner date.
Taking the time to enjoy a full meal is almost impossible with so many guests clamoring for your attention, but a five minute dinner date — where you grab a few bites and enjoy your new husband company — is more manageable.
8. Have a relaxed attitude about the wedding night. Don’t be a bridezilla. There is nothing uglier than a stressed-out, grumpy bride. Roll with the punches and try to enjoy every minute of the event even if things don’t go according to plan, because they never do!
9. Make sure you still look and feel like yourself.
10. Be a guest at your own wedding. Be in the moment the day of. Even though you’ve been anticipating and planning, don’t analyze and fixate on if it’s going according to plan or on what’s coming next. Be present and enjoy the celebration as it comes. That will make the day stick best in your memory and allow you to actually enjoy it and have fun!